At Lumenate, we believe that a solid infrastructure is the foundation of your datacenter. Your business needs a robust and feature-rich storage and server infrastructure to cost-effectively service the business needs of today while being capable of handling tomorrow’s demands.
Storage is at the heart of the infrastructure, but it's the server platform where applications and services drive business transactions. Server virtualization technologies take your IT infrastructure from just a bunch of servers to IT as a service, allowing your business to adapt quickly and gain the edge over competitors.
Some of the key Business issues that drive virtualization are
- Physical server sprawl
- Low server utilization rates, (industry averages in the low 20% range)
- Increasing datacenter costs around floor and rack space, cooling, and power
- Rising hardware maintenance costs (vendor support and labor expense)
- Business critical applications are not clustered or fault tolerant downtime costs money and tarnishes your company’s reputation
- Business need for a Disaster Recovery plan, enabling an alternate datacenter for business continuance in event of disaster
- Labor costs and time required to deploy new assets, physical sever installation, OS installation, and network connectivity takes days to weeks to complete
- Reduce operational costs; replace or augment aged desktops with virtual desktop infrastructure
- Legacy support for applications and OS instances that won’t run on new physical hardware