Storage and Virtualization
The complexity and cost of today’s IT solutions are driving organizations to focus on their primary businesses and rethink their data management and storage needs. Implemented correctly, storage and virtual data management technologies can provide real competitive advantages. Lumenate leverages its market-leading technologies and deep technical expertise to design and implement virtualized solutions that align with our customers’ specific business goals and spur their long-term success.
A number of key business issues drive customers to adopt virtualized storage, including:
- Physical server sprawl
- Low server utilization rates (industry averages in the low 20 percent range)
- Increasing datacenter costs around floor and rack space, cooling and power
- Rising hardware maintenance costs
- Downtime associated with loss of business-critical applications
- Escalating labor costs and time required to deploy new assets
- Rising operational costs associated with replacing aging hardware
Lumenate’s Virtual Data Center (VDC) offering allows organizations to purchase technology infrastructure and storage support services without the cost of owning equipment or the burden of maintaining it. VDC leverages a data center facility and infrastructure that enables customers to offload the time and budget spent on managing commodity aspects of their storage environment – such as server maintenance, storage growth and backups – that keep their employees from adding value to the organization.
Each customized virtual storage solution addresses these critical business issues:
- Data Protection
- Cost Controls and Data Mobility
- Maintenance and Management
- Fault Tolerance